Thursday, January 27, 2011

A day off

Today's been a day off, to be honest I haven't been outside the door...  But I have started quilting the pinwheel quilt and I've been having a great time! 


Unfortunately unexpected things happen...



What you are looking at is a broken drive belt...  Luckily my sweetheart is on his way home and I do have an extra belt around here somewhere so Green Greta will be whirring away again soon.

So, what's a girl to do when her sewing machine is broken...?



This girl started spinning a yarn to make mittens to match the hat I told you about yesterday.  This yarn will have a tighter twist to it compared to the hat yarn, so the mittens will last longer and fit the pattern better.

This day off has certainly been filled with some of my favorite things, a good day off!


No comments:

Post a Comment