Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Making a design wall

I have finally gotten my design wall up.

It is made to fit one of the walls in my sewing room completely lengthwise and from the roof to 8" above my work table.  It basically covers the whole wall, which is great!

My husband made the framework and I covered it with 2 layers of fleece (cheap fleece from IKEA) and then a beautifully taupe colored thicker fleece totaling 3 layers which makes pinning easy and gives you a luxurious feel.

I am sure you can figure out how to do it from the pictures:

Back of design wall showing framework


Framework

Framework
Tacking on the basic fleece, first on the sides..
Then on the back
in two layers
Front of design wall with basic fleece

Third layer of fleece is tacked on the same way as the other layers

Finished design wall
The design wall is fastened to the wall with the same kind of brackets as we used to make the frame.  It could also be screwed to the wall right through the framework.



No comments:

Post a Comment